Our Dish of the Month comes from The Discovery, with its delicious warm winter treacle tart with ginger tuile and flapjack crumb, served with a spiced pumpkin ice cream. It’s perfectly seasonal and only £5.50.
If you fancy giving this one a go at home, the recipe is as follows:
To make the sweet pastry
• 141g sugar
• 283g soft butter
• 1 egg
• 453g plain flour
- Beat the sugar and butter until soft and creamy. Add the egg and mix in the flour to form a dough.
- Let it rest in the fridge.
- After a short while, take the dough and knead to stretch the gluten.
- Roll and line a tart case. Blind bake the tart case until lightly brown.
To make the treacle tart filling
•170g brown bread crumbs
•2 and 1/2 fl oz cream
•1/4 tsp salt
•737g golden syrup.
- Heat the butter until browned and strain.
- Mix together the eggs/cream/salt.
- Heat the golden syrup. Then add the butter, egg mix and bread crumbs.
- Pour mix into the case and cook on 160 degrees for around 30 mins or until light brown and slightly wobbly still in the centre.
Serve with an ice cream of your choice.